Holy Jebus, Thank God it's DONE

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY the final step, yay!!!!! Tomorrow I'll get to show you fine, wonderful, awesomely patient folks the Before & After of the patio. But first, let's go over the sealer that took forever to get done.

First, we had to get the patio clean. Because we've been parking the car on the driveway and walking on it, it's gotten a bit dirty

So we bought this cleaner

And got to work cleaning. Chris kept the patio damp

And I took the scrubbing broom and scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed

Cinderelli Cinderelli :)

Around the area where we drilled for the gate latch it didn't do a super great job of cleaning the first time around. See the haze?

So I scrubbed again

And after Chris hosed everything off we had to wait for 2 days while the sun shined on it and dried everything out. We had originally thought we only had to wait 12 hours, but the container actually said 2 days with sunshine or FIVE if there was significant cloud cover. That got a big huge gulp of anxiety from me because I REALLY wanted to get this project done. We were super lucky that the only really cloudy, rainy day of the weekend was Thursday though, so when we cleaned the patio on Friday we lucked out with sunny skies the rest of Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday, yay!!!

So yesterday afternoon we brought out the sealer to complete the final step!

I actually wasn't super thrilled with the job the "cleaner" did

But what are you gonna do? The sealer we put on will help protect the patio from future stains, so that's what counts.

We poured the sealer into a bucket, brought out some rollers (1/2" and 3/8" nap - the 3/4 made the sealer bubble and streak a lot on the pavers) and rolled it onto the pavers

We only had one roller extension, so Chris was the lucky one who got to use it, while I maneuvered around the patio crouched down. But he did spend 3 hours crawling around under the house working on some electrical (which I'll fill you in on early next week), so I figured it was fair :)

It was a really easy process, made much more fun by listening to Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me on podcast (it won't dry this dark)

It didn't take too long, perfect timing actually because after about 45 minutes the episode of Wait Wait was over and we were just rolling on the last bit.

The instructions said to let it cure for a few hours without any foot traffic, but we'll leave it all day today as well (we parked Chris' truck on the street instead of the driveway) because we're paranoid. I am SO excited that this project is finally done, and I can't wait to take the After pictures tomorrow morning and share them with all of you!


Bunny @ 86n It said...

Can't wait to see it!

Heather said...

It. looks. AWESOME.

I can't believe you DIYed that--I'm so impressed!

Erika said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you. It looks amazing. This is a job so well done - it adds so much to your home. I love it!

meryl rose said...

Thanks everyone, yeeee!!!!!!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

It looks beautiful, you should be very proud!