We had to make the transition from the office to the laundry room more attractive. So it went from this...
To transition bought, cut down, stained and poly'd and installed
The next thing? That now pretty painted door needed a new knob. You see, all the knobs in the house are glass and this ugly knob just wasn't cutting it
So we bought a glass one and installed it
We also needed deal with the window covering. Before we had just a hanging curtain, but I hated it. It was the second round of fabric in the room and I found it revolting. I was kind of excited to pick out some new fabric and make (what else) a roman shade :) But once the bikes went up my crowded the window
The bottom wheel actually hits the window, so a curtain wasn't happening. We figured out quickly that we should just go with frosted glass
Problem solved. They're still a little streaky so I might go at them again. But it's clean, functional and private. So I've really got no complaints.
And with that, Phase 1 is complete
It really didn't take too long, nor was it too difficult. We were so worried about that floor for some reason, but it turned out great and wasn't hard to install at all.
Having the bikes hung up is a really great way to finally have them out of the way of the rest of the house and actually put in a proper spot
And the cabinets really give a great amount of storage despite their small size
There's even a nice little cubby just big enough to store our step stool
Even though it was more expensive to replace the CD shelves with standards, it's a really nice, clean look
It's all a wonderful improvement to get us from this
Now there's just the rest of the room we have to get to...
Ugh. At least half of it looks nice...