And THEN, it was time to move it inside. You'd think that with only this last little step left until we could move it inside we would have completed it a long time ago so that the three base pieces weren't occupying a significant portion of the garage. But, no. It still took a month to get done. Oh well. It did make finally getting it moved inside VERY exciting.
Zoe was super cooperative and we set her down on a blanket in the front room with several toys and moved in each base piece one at a time
Once the 3 pieces we inside we had to go about attaching them, which Zoe found very entertaining
We used some shims to make sure all the pieces were even with each other before they got attached
Then we used hardware on the top to attach the pieces
And some blocking and screws to attach the pieces on the interior
And one thing we noticed when we were repainting this room that was brought to our attention again was the careless job whoever redid this room before us did
Our bed is level, the electrical outlets are not. Just one of the many great examples of the careless (and crappy) craftsmanship of whoever "worked on" our house before we moved in. We really should have fixed this when we started working on our bedroom, but we completely forgot. Sigh.
Once the 3 pieces of the frame were attached Chris primed the exposed edges and the last pieces of plywood in that gap in the middle
After everything dried, the mattress got moved back on and we were ready for sleep!
And let me tell you, this old view of the room...
...is now much improved
Now we just have to finish building the drawers for the bed and put the hardware on. But we are officially so close to finishing this project. And that, is wonderful.