After Tropical Storm Oakland hit last Thursday, Chris and I were not looking forward to the work we had to do to repair what the water washed away or fucked up. Thankfully, the amount of rain that came pouring down only messed with our most recent row of pavers, so we simply took them out
We thought about maybe doing tired tracks of pavers to match the look that was there before, but it actually wouldn’t have been much cheaper (paying for more edging would cost close to the same actually because we got such a great deal on pavers). And, it would have taken a lot longer, so we just went with something that was easier
On the left side of the above picture there is a large gap between the last row of pavers and the fence. We debated stepping out the pavers one row to accomodate the angle the fence takes (the gap slowly gets wider and wider), but I didn’t really like the aesthetics of that. Also, the concrete pour from setting in the fence posts (constructed before we moved in) would have gotten in the way if we added another row. So we decided that once we were done with the pavers and putting in the edging and adding concrete up against it we could lay some mulch or plant some small flowers to add some greenery.
I was super excited with how things were looking now that we were getting closer and closer to the driveway
But man oh man I am loving how it’s turning out!
Chris was even able to take some shots on the basketball hoop (my framing in the above pic cut it off, it’s on the top of the garage) for the first time in a looooooong time, so he was a happy camper 🙂